Sunday Morning Banana Bread
Makes Your House Smell Weekend-proof!
I love getting up early on a weekend morning and hitting the kitchen in my pyjamas. Still thinking of the full day ahead, there is nothing better than starting the day with a nutritious breakfast. If you, just like me, like to switch it up a bit now and then, this banana bread is perfect as a breakfast bite. It is also delicious as a post-work out treat or goes excellent with your afternoon coffee (and tea). And it makes your house smell so yum!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 220g whole wheat flour
- 100g vegetable milk (or any type of milk will be fine)
- 120g honey
- 16g instant yeast (or 1 teaspoon of baking soda + half lemon juice)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 80g pecan nuts, a hand mixed of pumpkin and sunflower seeds, a small hand of raisins
- Roast pecan nuts in a pan.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Add banana, honey and milk to a blender and mix well.
- Combine flour with salt, yeast, cinnamon, nuts and seeds in a separate bowl.
- Then add the wet ingredients to the dry by mixing it well with a whisk or wooden spoon until you have a liquid, smooth texture.
- Line a baking mold with parchment paper and pour batter in. Add some banana or nuts on top as decoration.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Taste and say YUM!